It’s been a while since we’ve done a weekly round-up, but we’re back on track. Here’s some interesting stuff we’ve seen around the web lately. If we missed something, let us know!
- Meet me at the food court! Now here’s an elegant solution to all that empty real estate left fallow by the recession. I can think of a few places in C’ville that could benefit from this!
- Or better yet, how about turning an unused freeway into a farm?
- Jamie Oliver’s new Food Revolution show premiers tonight. Anyone watching? Thoughts? Ethicurian thinks it’s “contentious and hopeful”.
- Michelle Obama to grocery stores: “Step it up!”
- Got milk, Virginia? Maybe not for long. The state of the dairy industry across the board: not so good.
- Ten inspiring people in the sustainable food industry. Ummm..where all the ladies at?!
- And finally… are you planting a garden this year? Want to donate some of your harvest to a good cause? Check out our Plant a Row campaign!
image credit: dixieroadrash/Creative Commons