Ok, we’re in crunch time now! Tractors are zooming around moving fences and tables, the lawnmower has been running non-stop, and there’s a constant bustle all about the farm. Me, I’m still waiting for the pygmy goats to arrive.
We are so excited for tomorrow! We hope you’ll be joining us for some of the amazing activities that we have planned throughout the day, and if the past two posts haven’t convinced you, then you’ve probably been waiting for this one — all about the PLANTS!
For the gardener:
- Organic and heirloom plants: The greenhouse is absolutely packed with healthy, green, luscious plant starts — and they need a good home! Pick up everything you need to get your garden off to a healthy, happy start, including:
- Moon and Stars Watermelon – A magical melon, the dark green and yellow speckled skin of the Moon and Stars watermelon evokes a living galaxy, while it’s pinkish red flesh is extraordinarily sweet and flavorful.
- Tomatoes — We’ll have 12 varieties on hand, some heirloom, all organic. We’ve picked out our favorites, including Black Zebra, Virginia Sweet (yellow with red stripes!), Moskovich, and Mountain Princess.
- Pumpkins — Cinderella, Long Island Cheese, Jack Be Little. Such evocative names!
- Squash & Cucumbers — summer classics! No garden is complete without them.
- Flowers: Marigolds, cosmos, and more! Perfect for companion planting with veggies.
- Herbs galore: Easy to grow and perfect for summer cooking, everyone must have herbs! We’ve got a nice variety (including purple basil) to get you started!
- More! This is just a selection…
- Meet the Farmer: Our newest farmers, Mark & Melissa of Cottage View Farm, will have their very own booth set up, too! They’ve got a fantastic selection of heirloom and organic plants to complement ours. Come on out, hear their story, and stock up!
- Expert advice: Don’t worry, we won’t send you home with a car-full of plants to fend for yourself! Adri and Steve, farmers extraordinaire, will be on hand to answer all of your questions, and we’ve got lots of hand-outs, guides, and diagrams to help you out.
- Self-guided farm tour: You don’t want to miss this! We’ve designed an informative and fun farm tour to share all of our projects with you! Find the balloons, grab a guide, and wander around the farm at your leisure — there’s so much to check out!
See you tomorrow — get the details here!