Lots of good stuff for the reading out there on the interwebs. Here’s our (not-very-regular) end of week recap. Let us know if we missed something!
- Chipotle vows to more than double its use of local produce this year…and they also choose to define local as “farms within 350 miles.” Hmm.
- The USDA’s handy Know Your Farmer, Know Your Food website is at risk from Republican budget cuts (despite the fact that the program doesn’t actually have…a budget).
- Anyone seen the new food magazine, Lucky Peach?
- Is organic food from China safe?
- 30,000 people have asked Trader Joe’s to stop wasting food. Join them…and while you’re at it, ask them to also start supporting local producers.
- Think GMOs should be labeled? (us, too).
- A new piece from the UVA Food Collab’s very own Ben Cohen: Trust Me. Hucksters!
Have a great weekend!
image: Emily Manley / Blueberries at Twin Springs Farm.