Sounds like we’re in for a snowy few days, folks… just in case you’d forgotten that it was winter. Here’s a few things to keep you busy this weekend. Brew up a nice cup of hot chocolate, pull up the quilt and start clicking.
- Survey says: fruit and veggie consumption dropped in 2009. Bummer — let’s get that number up again in 2010.
- Find out how a grassroots push for student loan forgiveness could remove a barrier for new farmers…
- First year farmers: a nice piece on a small family farm chronicling the joys (and the growing pains) of starting up.
- All you can’t eat: the sad story of food waste in our country.
- Going hungry: The hunger action group FRAC just released some distressing numbers on the rise of hunger in the U.S: 1 in 5 people experienced food insecurity in the last year.
And finally — don’t miss the chance to apply for our paid apprenticeship out at the educational farm. A seriously once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.
image credit: Todd Ehlers/Creative Commons